Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas Special


It's that time of year again...time for our studio's annual Christmas Portrait Event. Every year the weekend before Thanksgiving we have this event...it two days and we shoot appointments every 15 minutes...around 34 appointments a day. WHEW!! I create a special Holiday themed set design as well as galleries and cards to coordinate with the theme. This year my background was created with DUDdrops. If you're not familiar with the DUDdrop line, they are huge graphic files that enable you to create custom designed large format inkjet prints to use as backdrops. You can change the colors, as I have done to create various backdrops from the same file. The one in the set is the Damask. I created a 10 foot by 8 foot drop and then had it printed in 3 separate pieces which I then taped together and hung on the wall with thumbtacks....I was a little worried that it wouldn't all come together, but it turned out pretty awesome!




Here are some samples of a couple of galleries I created using various pieces from some of our Christmas card sets.



No comments:

Post a Comment