Monday, March 2, 2009

DUDdrops are here!



Wow!! I have been having such fun with these new products!! Always looking for ideas for new backgrounds, I came up with the idea for these DUDdrops a couple of months ago while at Imaging USA. (So many people we coming up to us and asking if they could get a background with our pattern on it.) I came home and started toying with the idea of selling large vector files which could be customized according to the photographer's wishes. After printing the first sample, I was hooked. Plus, as the seasons and colors change I can simply print up new backdrops. Here are some of my first images from the Damask and Mehndi DUDdrops. As you can see, I took the original file and customized it to the colors of my choice before sending it to the printer.





I had the files printed 4x8 ft. on matte paper and and hung them on my wall with thumbtacks. You want to make sure they are printed on a matte surface with no sheen so as to not have glare from your lighting. In the future, I am going to mount the 4x8 ft. prints to gatorboard so I have a two-sided background. But thumbtacks are cheap and easy to get started with.


As for printing options, I had mine printed at my lab (www.photoprodcution.com) but you can check with your lab, local kinkos, or sign company. If you want canvas, you can contact Simply Canvas. Fore more information on the DUDdrops, you can go to the www.photoduds.com and there is a downloadable pdf with more information. Also, every DUDdrop comes with a pdf on how to color and customize your DUDdrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment